This assessment consists of a running record, a high frequency word list, a phonics screener and a phonological awareness test.
The DIBELS measures assess the 5 Big Ideas in early literacy identified by the National Reading Panel:
•Accuracy and Fluency
This assessment measures student achievement toward state standards.
· Make essential reading practice more effective for every student.
· Personalize reading practice to each student’s current level.
· Manage all reading activities including read to, read with, and read independently.
· Assess students’ reading with four types of quizzes: Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice, Literacy Skills, and Textbook Quizzes.
· Build a lifelong love of reading and learning.
Daily, Weekly, and Quarterly